Saturday, January 24, 2009
Ginny P, New York:
John and I have a lot of hope for better things, and we've both resolved to be patient since it can't happen overnight. I remember going home for lunch in 7th grade on Carter's inauguration day and recognizing what a good man he was and not going back to school after lunch, so I could watch the coverage. I'm so hoping to feel that way tomorrow. I realize this makes me sound ambivalent; I'm actually very excited. For our country never to have had a non-Caucasion or female president is pretty embarrassing. We're hoping the boys can share some stories with their children about what a great president Obama was, and we have good reason to think that will happen. Someone told me that Martin Luther King's dream comes true tomorrow. I know there's way more to be done, but it did bring a tear to my eye.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment